Head of Operations
About FLAGCX, The Creative Disruption Network
We are a network of creative companies conceived to help people and brands to discover, improve & transform their realities. Exploring the fields of creative industry, we provide the triggers for change in commoditized world.
We deliver the disruption through aggressive entrepreneurship ideas, outstanding communication work and stretching the limits of technology. FLAGCX, The Creative Disruption Company is part of IPG (NYSE: IPG) and has over 19 business units in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, and New York City.
What are the challenges in this position?
- We are looking for an experienced Head of Operations to organize and oversee the daily operations of our business unit. You will be the one to ensure that our business is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching its people;
- The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan many different kinds of operational activities. He/She must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the business;
- The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the BU's operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success.
- Being the leader of the business unit and responsible for P&L to ensure that the business complies with the aligned goals in strategic planning;
- Develop together with the board of FLAGCX a short and medium-term plan for the business unit, determining operational focus and tracking metrics to ensure its organic growth and profitability;
- Measure and direct the unit's performance considering levels of efficiency and effectiveness, and monitor performance indicators by monitoring dashboards;
- Commercially run the company and identify and develop new business opportunities through exploration; determine values of sales in the customer's and the market's perspectives;
- Evaluate new business opportunities approving or not the entrance of projects, taking into account strategic, financial and creative issues;
- Standardize and ensure quality and timely deliveries of the proposal for the clients/agencies, always seeking and implementing new tools and systems that can help in this task;
- Have knowledge of the business, the industry, management theories and apply techniques of processes and quality improvements;
- Establish the scopes of work of the unit's functions and processes, so that the internal and external demands are met in a healthy and constructive way;
- Hire, train, and develop operations capabilities;
- Direct and develop the operations team of FLAGCX in the skills of the function, of the business unit and tracing the career plan and providing feedback and periodic evaluations;
- Lead communication with customers and partners of the developed projects;
- Develop suppliers to ensure control of deliveries on time and combined value;
- Direct decisions on overall capacity of the agency, prioritize resources use out of the client's units;
- Monitor crisis situations, if necessary, and step forward on intermediations with the customer;
- Report consolidated reports regarding the creation and planning of projects, seeking to provide visibility into possible risks, for use by customers and internal.
- Strategic vision, analysis and synthesis skills;
- Proven experience as Head of Operations or equivalent position;
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities;
- Outstanding communication and people skills;
- Proven experience in PNL management;
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines;
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics;
- Advanced/Fluent English;
- Problem-solver and entrepreneurial mindset;
- Great presentation skills (keynote / PPT);
- Graduated in fields such as Communication, Marketing, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics.
- Informal work environment and opportunity to develop projects for some of the world's greatest brands;
- Flexible work schedule/remote working;
- Compensation and benefits package in line with the market standard for this position.